Sunday, May 4, 2014

Once Upon A Time Sampler - May Edition

I'm so sorry for the delay in posting the adorable update to the Once Upon A Time Sampler! I've been a bit under the weather most of the week and haven't felt like blogging or stitching, but hopefully I've turned the corner and can get the latest block finished quickly!

May's block is Jack and the Beanstalk. Isn't it adorable? Jack with his red hair reminds me of my son (he turns 4 on May 7th), who also has red hair. In fact, he was the first part of the block I stitched:

Now whenever my son sees this little guy, he excitedly says "Mommy, that's me!" This is the overall progress I've made so far. It's not much but it's a start!

I know the lines look a little bit curved/not straight in the picture, but that's just due to the tension in the hoop. They are actually straight.

And as if this wasn't enough, The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery announced that they will be hosting The Mysterious Halloween Town Club, another monthly pattern club that will run from June 19th to September 18th. The color palate and the sneak peek were too much to resist, so I've totally signed up for this one too!

Until next time!
~Katy

7 comments:

  1. Looking good! :)
    I've signed up for the Halloween club too! I can't wait for it to start :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute block! Can't wait to see the rest of it. Hope you feel better soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling better. Beautiful progress. I am now tempted to join the Halloween club. It has such pretty colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooo dear, the Hallowe'en one is very tempting...

    I love your son as Jack, so sweet, this makes the sampler so much more personal now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very cute, great progress

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very adorable design! Wonderful progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Live happens = delays happen! Super late, but this is such a cute and happy design. It looks so fun to stitch. :D

    ReplyDelete