Monday, February 17, 2014

January is Done!

So the stitching went faster than I thought and I finished the January block this morning!

Here is the block close up:

And here is the entire sampler with this block now completed:

I'm really pleased with how it turned out, color substitutions and all. I think this piece is going to be awesome when it's all done! I ended up making eighteen color substitutions with flosses from Mo's Sale and I know I'll be making a few more in the next block. For those interested, the full list of colors from Mo that I used for January includes the following:

Marine
Plum
Wonderland
Silver
Daiquiri
Darker Purple
Emerald
Danube
Ron Burgundy
Leaf
Apple Cider
Coffee Bean
Orangeade
Terracotta
Tin
Treetop
Candy Corn
Chocolate

I think the Sunset fabric from Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie is just perfect too!

Onto February I go, and it's not too long before March will come out! Can't wait!

Until next time!
~Katy

6 comments:

  1. Wow, it's so much more detailed than I expected! It looks lovely, can't wait to see February :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking great and you'll soon be caught up with February too at this rate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Snow White -- this will be fun to watch grow. Congrats on finishing January

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to have to get this I think! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! Looks great! I will resist though, I will resist......

    ReplyDelete
  6. January looks great and that fabric you picked is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete