Friday, July 27, 2012

WOCS: Have a Heart

So now that I'm done with Knotted Hearts, I decided to go ahead and tackle the other WOCS piece I signed up for, called Have a Heart. The link for the chart can be found here. This is another quick and easy project, and with the Opening Ceremonies on tonight for the Olympics, I made myself comfortable to watch the show and got started!

I'm using variegated cranberry (DMC 107) for this piece as the entire quilt will be done in shades of pink and red. Between this and Knotted Hearts, I'm having lots of fun using the variegated colors!

Here is my progress as of tonight:

As of 7/27/12
I think I'm going to be watching a lot of Olympics this weekend, so I should be able to get this project done relatively quickly. I do plan on swinging by the craft store this weekend and grabbing fabrics to go with both Have a Heart and Knotted Hearts and hopefully I'll be able to send them both out at the same time for their respective quilts. There is a new theme to sign up for that was just opened tonight (birdhouses!) but it's not due until September, so I have some time to decide on a pattern and work on it, though I do plan on going back to Italian Vista once Have a Heart is done!

Hope you all have a fabulously stitchy weekend!

Hugs and Stitches!
~Katy

4 comments:

  1. Great start on the heart. I think the Olympics will probably be a good thing for us stitchers.

    The purple knot looks great!

    BTW, I saw Italian Vista on your page a couple days ago. I fell in love, but was so sad to learn it's been discontinued. waaaaaaa! I'm looking forward to watching you stitch it, though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the DMC you have chosen. I must remember that colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello

    Just found your blog through Mckenna's.
    Lovely new start, the thread is lovely.
    All your projects look great!

    ReplyDelete