Friday, February 27, 2015

Flames of Desire and a Sneak Peek

Last night I got to work on Flames of Desire once more.

And here is where I got to last night:

The more I work on this piece, the happier I am that I restarted it. I felt like I was able to make a lot of progress tonight using the tent stitch rather than full crosses. To make my life easier on this page, I took a color that was used quite a bit in the page and just focused on it tonight. I've found that the confetti in the HAED pieces is much easier to deal with when you have big chunks of color to help measure around it. Everything that I've stitched thus far seems to fit together much more smoothly than it did the first time around. Most importantly, I'm still utterly in love with the fabric!

Today, we also got a sneak peek at March's installment of the Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery's Story Time Sampler:

The general consensus is that March's block will be Sherlock Holmes! I love the BBC version of the show (and hello, Benedict Cumberbatch is just awesome, both as an actor and just to look at, hehe), and I have a beautiful volume of Sherlock Holmes stories here at home. I can't wait to stitch up this block!

Until next time!
~Katy

3 comments:

  1. Ooh yes it does look like Sherlock's spyglass! Lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful progress. Just love that bright fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stitching progress! That must be Sherlock - and I agree, I LOVE the BBC show! It's so awesome :D

    ReplyDelete