Wednesday, March 11, 2015

A Wee Bit Frustrated

Last night, I picked up Tuscan Greetings to work on.

This is one of my smaller pieces, and it was supposed to be one of my easier pieces. It would be...if I hadn't figured out while working on it tonight that I've screwed up majorly in the counting somewhere along the way. Significantly enough I'd have to rip out nearly half if not more of my stitching to fix it. UGH!

In an attempt to look on the positive side, because of the way this piece is designed, I am hopeful that I caught this mistake "early" enough that I can just do a lot of adjusting along the way as I continue the piece to make it work. I'm not ready to give up on it yet, especially since I know that I am likely the only one who will know the mistake exists when all is said and done. This is where I was able to get to last night:

Can you figure out where the mistake happened? I'm already starting on making adjustments. Hopefully this will all work out at the end. Wish me luck!

Until next time!
~Katy

10 comments:

  1. Some times you can get away with adjusting the design, I hope it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the adjustment works as this is a great pattern. I can't tell where the mistake is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh...I hate when that happens!!
    Good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I hate it too when you miss count by one it can put you out big time .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great Katy. I can't see a mistake.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks lovely too and I can't see a mistake. But if it was my mistake it will be on the right hand arch. I can count the left side but never the right, no matter how careful I'm being and I'm a maths teacher!!! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hate it when a project starts out badly. Looks like you have a handle on it and your work looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nope I can't see it! Hope you can figure it out without having to rip too much out. It's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks fantastic mistake and all. As long as you are happy with it all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nope, can't see it! It's all right, I'm sure you can just keep adjusting as you go. It'll be fine, it's such a lovely piece and you're the only one who'll know (and hopefully you'll forget after a while, that's happened with me a couple of times!) :D

    ReplyDelete