Sunday, February 10, 2013

February TUSAL and New Rotation Week

Evening, all! Hard to believe it's time for another TUSAL report again! I have changed up my TUSAL jar for the year. I found this crystal bowl when I was putting my Christmas china away and putting my 'standard' china back out for display in my china cabinet. I have lots of beautiful crystal pieces but with young kids, I can't display them much. This piece, though, sits right beside my stitching seat and the kids leave it alone and it's such a prettier TUSAL jar!

Anyway, here is where we were at last month's TUSAL:
Old TUSAL jar

And this month's (the new jar is a little harder to have perspective with from this angle):
New TUSAL jar
And from the top:
Pretty!

And tonight:
Lots of room to expand!
Tonight also started a new rotation week! I'm back on another CJC piece this week and I am working on my Wedding Sampler by Carolyn Manning! Here is where I left the piece after it's CJC start:
Wedding Sampler - Start of Rotation Week
And here it is today, after me being up at 3 AM due to a massive lightening show that I couldn't fall back asleep from and spending some more time stitching tonight:
As of 2/10/13
It's amazing how much progress you can make in the wee morning hours undisturbed...I plan on making lots of progress on this piece this week!

Until next time!
~Katy

10 comments:

  1. Great progress and what a beautiful design! The fabric you have selected complements it brilliantly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on it, it's looking lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy
    You have a beautiful jar with some great looking let's. You've made some great progress on your piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That should be orts not lets...I'm using my phone to leave a comment...this phone didn't recognize the word orts at first. I had to teach it. LOL.

      Delete
  4. Hello Katy

    I love your new jar!
    Lovely stitching too.
    Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty new ort jar, great progress on the wedding sampler. happy stitching this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty new jar, isn't it a shame we have all these things we keep "for best" and they hardly ever see the light of day!

    You are off to a flying start on the stitching this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!

    Here is my February TUSAL...this month's ORTs include lots from my christmas ornaments 2013.

    http://anacristinap.blogspot.com.br/search/label/tusal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Wedding Sampler looks so pretty, especially in the last photo where we can see the sparkle in the fabric!

    ReplyDelete