Saturday, January 24, 2015

Beauty and the Beast

Beauty and the Beast is my favorite of the Disney princess movies, maybe because Belle is the princess I can most relate to - smart brunette who is happy with a library as a gift and can see past the worst in people to find the goodness within. So when I found this piece, I just had to do it. I absolutely love it (except for the quarter stitches being done on aida - so much easier with evenweave!). This entire series by Thomas Kinkade is beautiful. I'm going to start the Little Mermaid piece when it comes up in the rotation, and I know there are several other Disney themed pieces of his out there. Several of them are on my wish list! This is a huge piece, though, with lots of colors and lots of details. It's going to be beautiful when it's done!

So here is where the piece stands after getting some love yesterday:


There are four very full pages worth of pattern for this piece, so I started in the middle and am working on the top left quarter of the piece now, and I'm not anywhere near halfway done with that quarter yet to give you an idea of how big this piece is!

I don't know if I'm going to get much, if any, stitching done today. Hubby and I are getting together with some friends of ours tonight for Game Night and I have things to do before we go out. I will be posting again tonight, though, one way or the other for Grow Your Blog! Yay!

Until next time!
~Katy

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Katy. I have several of these kits but didn't know they had quarter stitches. Yuck!!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this project! I made a small start on Little Mermaid last year - I would love to do them all eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to look amazing - it looks so pretty already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning project and you have made great progress. Really looking forward to seeing more of this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colours i these projects, and it doesn't matter how long you take on a project (believe me, I know), as long as you enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful project! Gorgeous stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too love the Kinkade Disney pieces and was so happy to find a Lion King one was made! Someday. :) Yours is looking beautiful~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this piece! It's on my wish list. :) I always loved Beauty and the Beast, and I totally related to Belle too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this one! Sleeping Beauty was always my favourite as I think it was the first Disney film I saw as a child. The Little Mermaid was always a close second!

    ReplyDelete