The April frame came out yesterday for the Storytime Sampler by Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery and lo and behold, it was The Wizard of Oz! As per my habit, I started stitching the frame as soon as it came out and would not stop until it was done! (This piece and the Zodiac SAL are really the only ones I'm this fast on).
Here is the frame for the month:
As most of you know, I've substituted the recommended DMC and WDW flosses for flosses and silks from Mo's Sale. I completed the frame itself back in January without knowing what this month's theme would be and I have to say that I could not be more pleased with the Sundown frame. Some of the colors in it meld in perfectly with the colors I used for the Yellow Brick Road so it seems like the path is winding all the way around the frame to me. I love it!
Here is the completed piece to date:
Hard to believe we're already a third of the way through! I can't wait to see what next month's frame will be!
I also wanted to give a shout out today to Stitchy Box today. This is a bimonthly subscription program where every other month, you get a box of stitching goodies that will hopefully help a stitcher venture out to use different materials and such that they haven't used before. I got my first box yesterday, and loved the Halloween theme!
Here are all the contents laid out:
In the box, I received:
- A fat eighth piece of 32 count Jobelan dyed fabric (it wasn't labeled so I'm not sure the designer or color name)
- Five wooden spools
- Some cute Halloween themed finishing fabrics
- A spool of glow in the dark blending filament from Kreinik (052F)
- A skein of Anchor 403 floss
- A skein of Valdani cotton floss in Love of Life
- A skein of Classic Colorworks silk in Beanstalk
- A skein of Weeks Dye Works crewel wool in Pumpkin
- A skein of Dinky Dyes silk in Boulia
I'm thrilled with the stash enhancements and can't wait to use them! Such a lovely stitchy surprise!
Until next time!