Friday, April 24, 2015

U is for...


Today we get to meet the Sea Witch, Ursula!


Regina did impersonate Ursula once to Ariel, but the real Ursula is much cooler. She is is one of the Queens of Darkness, along with Maleficent and Cruella DeVil, that join up with Rumplestiltskin in New York after he was banished from Storybrooke earlier this season. I really liked her backstory. She wasn't always an evil half-octopus. She started life as a mermaid, the daughter of Poseidon, and she had a beautiful singing voice that gets stolen by Captain Hook at Poseidon's request (Hook gets around!). In revenge against her father, shes uses his trident to make her even more powerful than him and turns evil.

She was so much fun to stitch. I loved working on her tentacles and her crazy hair. I also switched out the color called for with her earrings and necklace to make them closer to the costume from the show. I love how she turned out!

If you've missed my previous posts in the A to Z Challenge, feel free to check them out at:

Until next time!
~Katy

5 comments:

  1. I was really dreading those tentacles, but they turned out much better than I thought (and were easier than I was expecting)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the changes you made :) I couldn't work out her jewellery colours as I only had a couple of dodgy google pics to look at - before the episodes had aired on TV :)

    ReplyDelete