Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I Need A Vacation...

So there was no post from me yesterday because I kinda had a slight, minor stress episode....okay, let's be honest, it was an insane panic attack in the evening about work and I ended up working for about five and a half hours from home last night to help deal with said panic attack. On the plus side, I was able to complete a huge project that was the source of my stress at that moment. On the minus side, I didn't get a ton of sleep last night and no stitching was done. So I made up for that today and went back to Italian Vista tonight. If I can't take a trip to the Tuscan countryside, at least I can stitch it!

As of 9/26/12
I was getting a little bored with the left side so I decided to work a little on the right. What I'm really working on is the bottom half of the second page of the chart, hence the straight line of stitches starting at the left that heads to the houses. I think I'm going to just try to finish all the rows on the bottom half before moving to the top, so that also was partial reason why I worked on the right side tonight.

Work wise, I am feeling better today. I had a new employee start which will be a huge relief for me once she's trained, and I've already told my staff that the next two days are essentially closed door days for me. I never close my door to my staff, they're always welcome to come and talk to me about anything they need, so they know when I ask them for closed door days, it's serious and they really respect the request. I'm looking forward to getting some work done before the weekend!

Off to bed now, hopefully to get better, less stressed sleep tonight!

Until next time!
~Katy

5 comments:

  1. It's looking great as always and hears to a stress free rest of the week:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that work cut into your stitching time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone has their good and bad days when it comes to work - I hope things seem better soon :) At least the weekend is almost here :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, hun, I hope you can relax soon. Take a bubble bath and a glass of wine, then dream about the Italian countryside. Sounds like a great mental vacation. Hmmm, I think I need one of those myself.

    *hugs and stitches*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about your panic attack and I dearly hope that work will get better soon =/ *hug hug hug*
    I hope you are better and that the weekend will do you some good!

    ReplyDelete