Sunday, January 6, 2013

Crazy January Challenge - American Flag Quilt Sampler

I have been so excited about starting this piece. I fell in love with American Flag Quilt Sampler by Rosewood Manor when I first saw it on Sarah's blog:
Hard to see, but the piece is beautiful!
And as I expected, it was an absolute joy to stitch today, I was sad to put it down!
Progress as of 1/6/13


It's hard to tell in this picture, but I'm stitching this 2 over 2 on 28 count joblean in bone. This piece also has a lot of backstitching in each individual quilt square, so there is no way I'm leaving that until the very end! It's set up to make it relatively easy to do the stitching on each piece as you do it, which I like. The states will be stitched in the order in which they entered the union, so Delaware is first!

My intention is to give this to my father when it's done, as he works for the government and is a very patriotic man. Who knows when that will be, but this piece, at least, does have an intended home!

Back to the work week tomorrow...boo hiss! Work always interferes with stitchy time!

Until next time!
~Katy

10 comments:

  1. I'm loving seeing all of your new starts for this challenge, and am looking forward to watching your progress on each one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I have a stitching buddy! :D I'm so glad you like this as much as I do

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not seen this stitched before so will enjoy your progress. Please will you show lots of close ups.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress! I've never seen anything like this before...it's so neat. Can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though I'm British, I love this chart. It's been wonderful watching Sarah's progress, so I'm looking forward to seeing it again with you. Your first 'quilt block' looks beautiful, well done and I don't blame you not leaving the BS until it's all stitched, that would be one long slog for that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great start Katy.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! The backstitching really looks great. Your dad will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this chart, some of the squares are so beautiful, if only I was american!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Katy,
    What a gorgeous pattern and you have a great start. I always save the back stitching for last. Can't wait to see more progress.

    ReplyDelete