Monday, January 21, 2013

More Progress

I was able to put some more time into Beauty and the Beast tonight:
As of 1/21/13

Adding the color to the tower of the castle definitely makes it look like there was a lot of progress tonight. I'm realizing as I'm stitching this that this piece is deceptively huge. No, it's not as big as some of my HAED's in size, but I'm only working on the first of four pages right now and I'm not even a quarter of the way done with that page...lots and lots of detail, but I'm loving every stitch. I'm especially enjoying seeing some of the village begin to come to life with rooftops and smoke stacks and shapes of the shading of the foliage around it.

I think that's my favorite part of large scale pieces like this. I love seeing details starting to emerge in ways I just don't feel I get in the same way with some samplers and more primitive pieces, but that's just me. That's the other beauty about this hobby. You can find a project to fit absolutely any taste. It's such a wonderful hobby and I treasure the few hours after a crazy day of work and kids where I get to just relax with my needle and thread!

Until next time!
~Katy

7 comments:

  1. I agree that colours bring out details. This is such a beautiful design and you are doing a wonderful stitch of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you're going great guns on this one. looking lovely with all the details emerging. You are right about cross stitch, there really is something for everyone. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huge progress! I'm liking it more & more, the colours are very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours in the sky are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH how beautiful =)
    You made amazing progress =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. More great progress Katy.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great progress, the castle is looking good.

    ReplyDelete