Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Theme-A-Licious - Jardin January Mid-Month Check In


This year I decided to take part in the Theme-A-Licious SAL, and today is the mid month check in for January! Because of how my rotation schedule works, I am planning on using this SAL to review pieces I work on each month and figure out what I've done to fit in the monthly theme. This month's theme is Jardin January:

Jardin January
The holidays were a little stressful...let's relax in a nice garden. Work on any piece with flowers or gardens.
So far this month, I've worked on the following pieces with flowers/gardens in the piece (even if I haven't gotten to that part of the piece yet!):

Butterfly Rose Cross by Heaven and Earth Designs (flowers are part of the piece, just haven't gotten to them!)

Wedding Sampler by Carolyn Manning

Tuscan Greeting by Dimensions (another where I haven't gotten to the tranquil garden part yet, but it fits!)

Winter Flowers Ornament by Turquoise Graphics and Designs
  

Fall Fairy by Dimensions Gold Collection

Garden of Joy Ornament by Turquoise Graphics and Designs
 

Sweet Pea Fairy by Joan Elliott

Butterfly Fairy by Joan Elliott (perhaps no flowers or gardens in the piece, per se, but where else would you find a Butterfly Fairy?)

Wow! I didn't realize how many from the Crazy January Challenge would fit this theme! Based on my rotation schedule, I should have one more addition to this list plus an update on one already on this list by the time we have our final check in on January 31st! How did you do on the theme this month?

Come back later tonight for the update to my final new start for the Crazy January Challenge! Just need to put the kids in bed so I can start stitching!

Until next time!
~Katy

6 comments:

  1. How nice that all these projects have flowers or gardens! Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see where you're at with flowers and gardens. Most of the time, a beautiful garden, just refreshes the soul! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just popping over from Heathers blog, lovely to have another blog to follow for theme-a-licious. Wonderful how so many of your rotation projects fit in with the theme and you have some beautiful pieces there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow that's a lot that fit this month, lovely starts too Katy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stitching! Looking forward to seeing more of the Sweet Pea fairy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried that Crazy January thing two years ago, with only HALF new starts and half WIPs, and I STILL haven't finished them all! You are a better woman than I. =) Can't wait to see them all develop!

    ReplyDelete