Sunday, January 20, 2013

New Rotation Week - Beauty and the Beast

Today I started my rotation week by picking up Beauty and the Beast Falling in Love by Thomas Kinkade, and my daughter is thrilled! She loves this piece and it will eventually be for her, so she's very excited I'm working on it again.

As a recap, here is where we last left this piece:
Beauty and the Beast Falling in Love - Start of Rotation Week
It's been nearly three months since I worked on this piece due to other projects getting in the way, but now that the CJC starts are done, I don't anticipate starting any other new pieces this year so I hope I can get to this more often than every three months...we'll see what happens! I did get a few stitches in today, and here is where we stand now:

As of 1/20/13
We'll see how far we get this week! I will say, though, that this piece is making me value the times I use 28 and 32 count fabrics over 14 and 16 counts - partial stitches in lower count fabrics are not so much fun!

Until next time!
~Katy

11 comments:

  1. So agree about those quarter stitches on aida. Love this project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello

    Just found your blog through IHSW.
    Your stitching looks lovely - I'm not surprised your daughter loves it!
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good progress! I can't wait to see this one come along :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I just found your blog, and I already love it so much. So many gorgeous pieces!! Great progress, Beauty and the Beast is looking amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this piece Katy. I dug out The Lion King and am very tempted to start it.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I always enjoy seeing this one :) Have a great stitchy week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These Thomas Kinkade Disney designs are beautiful! I want to get The Little Mermaid. Does it have lots of quarter-stitches? Those are no fun on Aida.

    ReplyDelete