Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello 2013...And Crazy January Challenge!

Happy New Year! I hope you all had a safe and fun New Year's Eve! I can't wait to see what 2013 has in store!

Today starts the Crazy January Challenge! Woo hoo! 15 starts in 15 days, though, I have to take a moment to admit that I cheated ~hanging my head in shame~...I couldn't wait to start the challenge that I actually started on my 1/1 piece on 12/30...oh the shame! But it is an HAED and every extra stitch can help, right?

So here it is! Start #1 for the Crazy January Challenge - Butterfly Rose Cross by Brigid Ashwood - Heaven and Earth Designs:

Butterfly Rose Cross by Brigid Ashwood
Progress as of 12/30/12:
It's a start!

Progress as of 12/31/12:
All the 3768 in the first column of the first page - there is lots of this color to go on this page!
And the progress as of 1/1/13:
First CJC Start!
Not a bad start! The first column of the first page is completely done and then some! For the CJC, I'm counting a single page finish as a finish instead of the entire piece for this one. That's the same thing I'm doing with my other HAED in this challenge which you'll see in a couple of days. Once I get one page done, it will go into my standard rotation. The other CJC WIP's will continue in the CJC rotation until they are done or until the end of 2013, whichever comes first!

Have a wonderfully stitchy new year!

Until next time!
~Katy

11 comments:

  1. Wow, great start! Can't wait to see the rest of your Crazy January Challenge starts :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ou made an awesome start of the stitching year. Good luck with therest of your CJC projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start, looking forward to seeing all your new starts, I'm not brave enough to do the Crazy January Challenges, I'd never finish anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress!! It was all I could do not to start my CJC early, so you're not alone. I probably would have if yesterday hadn't been a day off for me, lol. I can't wait to see today's start :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Katy. Great new start. Looking forward to seeing the rest of them.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful start. I didn't join the Crazy challenge, but I did start a HAED yesterday. lol I made a decision that it will be a 3 year for me. :) I like to stitch little items too much! Happy Stitching, love to see your other 14 starts!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mind boggles at the thought of stitching a HAED. Good for you, you have my admiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great start you have for Day #1 of the Challenge! Wonderful stitching!

    ReplyDelete