Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Crazy January Challenge - Wedding Sampler

This darn thing called working full time certainly puts a damper into my stitching time! I didn't nearly as much done on day two as I would have liked, but I'm thrilled to have another start! Today's start: Wedding Sampler by Carolyn Manning:
A Custom Piece!
I've mentioned before that this was a specially created piece just for me. I had met Carolyn on a website we both frequented and we bonded over our love for cross-stitching! As a wedding gift, she put together this beautiful piece for me with roses on the border since that was our primary wedding flower, and all of our details included. I've loved this piece and started and stopped it several times because of various reasons. This time, though, I'm sticking to it - I've been married for 10 1/2 years now, it's time!

So here is my start on this piece for the Crazy January Challenge:
Second CJC Start!
This is being stitched two over one on 14 count Aida in Crystal Fresco from Picture This Plus. It's hard to tell in the picture, but the fabric has a very old world, parchment paper type look to it in my opinion, and I think that when the piece is done, it will look like it's on a scroll, which I like! That's my one complaint about the beautiful hand dyed fabrics I'm growing addicted too - it's very hard to show just how beautiful they are in a picture!

Two starts down, thirteen to go! I have to admit, I'm loving this starting a new pattern every day business! Tomorrow I move to one of my small pieces, and I can't wait!

Until next time!
~Katy

8 comments:

  1. Your Wedding Sampler is going to be beautiful, can't wait to see it finished.
    Happy Stitching
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely tory behind the sampler, looking forward to your progress pics on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great piece. Love the fabric.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it's so pretty! I love that it was made just for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just remember a start is a start at least, if only we were all millionaires who could stay at home and stitch to ours hearts content!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is a must for you to stitch, not many have a sampler designed especially for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful design! It will be fun to stitch the roses.

    ReplyDelete