Saturday, January 12, 2013

Crazy January Challenge - Garden of Joy Ornament and January TUSAL

Tonight, I started the final of three ornaments I am stitching for the CJC. This is another one from Turquoise Graphics and Designs that came out of Just CrossStitch this year, and I love how the colors vary from it's 'sibling' ornament:

Lots and lots and LOTS and lots and LOTS AND LOTS of beading to come on this later, but like the others, I'm going to do the crosses first and then go back and bead after. Here is my progress as of tonight:

Not too bad! Today is also the first TUSAL of 2013. I loved the ORT Ornament I made with my TUSAL bits last year, and that was after only really stitching for six months. I can't wait to see what I can do this year, and the year is already off to a good start. I'm using the same jar I did last year to collect my ORT's. It stays seated on the table right next to my stitching spot to collect my ORT's when they're ready:
First TUSAL of 2013!
Since I took a Christmas holiday from stitching very shortly after the last TUSAL of 2012, these threads are almost exclusively from the Crazy January Challenge pieces, with a few threads from stitching Girl Scout badges thrown in as well!

From the top!
I have lots of different pieces with lots of different color schemes this year. It will be interesting to see how this grows this year!

Four more starts left for the CJC! I can't wait!

Until next time!
~Katy

9 comments:

  1. The ornament is so pretty! You're going to have a great collection when you finish all three :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katy,
    You picked a beautiful ornament to stitch. I love your start. I always do the stitching first and then the beading. Your Ort jar threads look great. Love the jar your using.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great start Katy.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty ornament! I checked out CJC - wow, that's a challenge! Happy Stitching and have fun filling up the ORT jar! I may have to do that this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beaded ornaments are so beautiful. I love the way they shimmer and glisten when hung.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this set will look so pretty when they are done, great start already. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Orts! I saw your post on the SSS/DDD board on FB and thought I would look at your blog!

    ReplyDelete