Monday, August 27, 2012

Flames of Desire Progress and HAED Appreciation Week

Well first things first, my daughter had a wonderful first day of first grade today! That made me one happy mommy! The first thing she said to me today when I picked her up was "Mom! It was terrific!" I heard all about her getting to play with one of her friends from Girl Scouts during recess, how she made new friends in her class (but doesn't remember their names yet), how there is a "little library with three big pillows" in the classroom and how what she did today wasn't "boring work" and that they'll start more work on Wednesday "but that's okay, I'm ready for it"...I was so nervous about this first day for her, this just warmed a mother's heart! Of course, my two year old son hated leaving his big sister at a strange school and kept talking about her all day per his daycare teachers...he was more excited to see her after school than I was, I think!

I did make progress on Flames of Desire today! I'm loving how this is looking, but have definitely decided that I will not start another HAED piece until I'm done with page one of this one and all future ones. I'm loving stitching it, but it's going to take quite a bit of time!
As of 8/27/12
Speaking of Heaven and Earth Designs, there was a post on one of the Facebook groups that I'm a member of that due to copyright infringement and other issues with costs, there is a real risk that HAED is going to have to close it's doors. That would be a horrible loss to the stitching community! I absolutely love the work from HAED and have well over 100 charts on my wish list from the over 7000+ charts that are offered, and I've seen many of the blogs I follow have loyal HAED clients as well! The group has rallied, though, and there is going to be an HAED Appreciation Week beginning September 10th through September 14th, organized by fans of HAED, with encouragement to go out and purchase a chart during that week to help support the site and the owners. More details can be found here. If you have a blog and you enjoy HAED, please share the information and the link and invite your stitching friends to participate! I know I plan on buying one or two more charts for my collection!

I hope you all have a great week! See you next time!
~Katy

2 comments:

  1. Hello

    Your Haed is looking great!
    Glad your daughter enjoyed her first day -that must have been good for your to hear!

    Sally x

    ReplyDelete