Sunday, August 19, 2012

International Hermit And Stitch Weekend - August

Well another IHSW has come to a close. I didn't get as much stitching done this weekend as I would have liked, as we had a big family party at our new home as a housewarming/meet my brother's girlfriend event that was a ton of fun, but it really ate into my stitching time! I do feel like the weekend was a success though, as I was able to finish Birdhouse Neighborhood as I mentioned in my last post. Thank you to everyone for the lovely comments about it - I'm rather proud of the piece and will be eager to see it in the enter quilt!

I ordered the fabric and threads I still needed for Flames of Desire. Once those come in, I'll organize and add that to my rotation! I've also decided on a personal rule that I will not begin another HAED design until I'm finished with page one of whatever design I've started most recently. Doesn't mean I won't buy more charts, it just means I'll have to make some progress on an HAED before I move to the next one!

With Birdhouse Neighborhood done, I got back to Italian Vista to start my rotations again. I've decided that I'm going to change which project I am working on during the week every Sunday so that all of my WIPs get into a good rotation. Any projects I do for WOCS will just be worked in as needed.

So I didn't make a ton of progress on Italian Vista tonight just because I was worn out from the party, but I did put a few stitches in! Sorry for the funny picture angle
As of 8/19/12
One of my goals this week is to find my better camera rather than just my cell phone camera so I can get better pictures! Anyway, I'll be happy to see where Italian Vista grows to over the next week! Stay tuned for the progress!

I hope everyone had a wonderful week! It's the last week of summer vacation in our house, and we plan to enjoy it!

Until next time!
~Katy

6 comments:

  1. Italian Vista looks like a wonderful place that I would love to visit! Will look forward to seeing your progress on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello

    Your Italian Vista piece looks lovely.
    Birdhouse Neighborhood is very sweet!

    Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitching is beautiful. Good luck finding your camera! That seems to happen to all of us. Thank goodness for cell phone cameras in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty project! any progress is good progress, too :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Birdhouse is a great finish. And I really like Italian Vista - makes me itch to travel. Lovely stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the projects that you have chosen! They are very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete