Friday, August 3, 2012

TGIF!

Thank goodness it's Friday! I don't know about you, but this week has been a long one for me and I am very thankful for the weekend! We have a busy day ahead of us tomorrow, with my daughter and I going out to our Daisy Troop's Build-A-Bear party, and I also need to swing by the craft store for a few things, but I hope to get some good stitching in!

Before I allowed myself to stitch anything tonight, I had to finish the back of T's Daisy vest so she can wear it to the party tomorrow and I can stop worrying about losing badges for at least another month or two. Olympics on, wine flowing, and it was completed fairly quickly!

That's A Lot of Badges!
I debated on what I was going to stitch tonight and was going back and forth between working more on Italian Vista or starting European Bistro......the wine decided it for me. It's much easier to continue a piece that's already started than to start a brand new piece when you have a little alcohol in your system, so Italian Vista it is! I have no doubt I'll be picking up European Bistro this weekend, though, and beginning my work on that!
As of 8/3/12
I didn't get a ton done between watching some of those awesome races tonight (15 and 17 year old gold medal winners? How would you like to read that "How I Spent My Summer Vacation" report!) and just unwinding after a long week, but the lighthouse is taking shape. I'm not sure how I feel about all the white part of the lighthouse that won't be stitched at all, just the fabric showing through. I think I'll like it more when I have the trees and such surrounding it.

I hope everyone has a great weekend with lots of time for stitching!

Until next time!
~Katy

3 comments:

  1. Never drink and stitch! You may run over a frog!! tee hee

    Can I send you my son's vest to sew patches on??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I took it easy and didn't push myself with the stitching too much tonight...I knew better than to start something new, at least, haha!

      And sorry, no...I hate sewing on badges LOL But I love the way full vests look with all of them sewn on!

      Delete
  2. Hi Katy, your Italian vista is taking shape nicely. I also have European bistro somewhere in my WIP rotation.

    ReplyDelete