Thursday, August 9, 2012

WOCS: Birdhouse Neighborhood

So Tuesday was not a good day......Hubby started his out of town trip for his new job, an employee of mine unexpectedly gave me her notice while we're already down two employees, and by the end of the day, I was utterly exhausted. I couldn't even pick up a needle to work on a project. I felt it today, though. It's amazing how much this has become a stress reliever for me. A couple of hours with a project in the evening after the kids are asleep with the television on and a glass of wine beside me makes a lot of stress go away. I have come to realize, though, that to keep me interested, I definitely need to keep a rotation of projects. Heaven and Earth Designs is having a 50% off sale and I may just have to mosey on over there to find some other charts to keep me interested......

But anyway, tonight I was itching to stitch after the kids went to bed, so I started my newest World of Charity Stitching project called Birdhouse Neighborhood by Kooler Design Studio.
The Entire Design
I'm actually only stitching the log cabin birdhouse on the end on the right with the bird and the base. I'm not going to do the berries above it because of the size requirements for the square. I do like the piece as a whole, though, and it's part of my Best of Kooler Design Studio book, so I can easily see myself coming back and doing the whole piece in the future! Here is my progress as of this evening. Instead of the Ivory Aida called for, I'm using Antique White, but I'm otherwise not making any changes to the pattern besides cutting it down to size:

WOCS Birdhouse Neighborhood as of 8/8/12
The other side effect of hubby being gone is that I have a hard time going to sleep without him, so I'm up WAY too late stitching...but there are definitely worse things, and that is why I'll be stopping at Starbucks in the morning on the way to work!

Until next time!
~Katy

2 comments:

  1. Hello Katy

    Your new start looks lovely.
    I hope you have a better day today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just found your blog =)
    I like the projects you are working on. Before I started stitching Haeds I started two Dimensions Gold projects (which have become Ufos... Maybe watching your Dimensions will drag me back to them) and love looking at them. European Bistro is among my favorites and I was very close to starting that one (but turned to Paris Market instead). So I am very happy to now have found someone who does European Bistro =)
    The other projects you are working on are also very beautiful (the Bistro just caught my eye ;-) )
    I love your new start and I am curious weather you will find something on the Haed site =)

    ReplyDelete