Sunday, May 17, 2015

Stitch Maynia - Angel of Cross Stitch and Cinderella

I'm now officially in the second half of Stitch Maynia! Because I have more projects to start than days left in the month, I tackled two Joan Elliott projects yesterday. The first was Angel of Cross Stitch.


This is a piece I have wanted to work on for awhile! It was designed using ALL 391 DMC colors available at the time - both a dream and a curse all in one! I know I don't have all of the colors in my stash, but I'm waiting until I get to a color I'm missing before buying it - it was easier than going through all of my boxes of floss, both bobbinated and not, to do inventory! Here is where I got to yesterday:


Despite taking this picture in natural light, it does not do the beautiful fabric justice. I'm doing this on 28 Jobelan in Seafoam from Hand Dyed Fabrics By Stephanie. It's a beautiful pale green that I think will work perfectly for this, but it keeps coming out blue in pictures. Oh well!

The second piece I worked on was the third of the Princess series, Cinderella.


I've already started the other two in this series (Rapunzel and Sleeping Beauty), so it makes sense to start the third! Joan has another set of Cinderella patterns that I want to get and do eventually, but this one is just beautiful. Here is where I got to yesterday before my elbow and shoulder decided I was done stitching for the day:


I'm doing her on 28 Jobelan in Lady of the Lake, also by Hand Dyed Fabrics By Stephanie. I had used this fabric on a start for another project awhile ago that ended up being scrapped, but I saved the fabric because it's just too beautiful to pass up, hence the larger holes in some of the picture. They'll get covered up and evened out, though, as I stitch - what I stitched so far already covers some of it!

18 projects started, 17 to go!

Until next time!
~Katy

12 comments:

  1. Two more great starts on wonderful pieces, and of course the fabric is amazing as always!
    It's really fun to see your new start each day, and I'm looking forward to watching your progress as you work on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More lovely starts Katy. When your done with your starts, will you be going back to your rotation and working on a different one each day?

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the plan. I may do a modified version so I can try to get some finishes but I will be going to the top of the rotation starting June 1st one way or the other!

      Delete
  3. Great progress I'm excited to watch Cinderella grow

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are both beautiful pieces and overall a very ambitious project. I look forward t seeing you progress through all these lovely pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful starts!! Using all DMC shades will be an interesting and adventurous project:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so brave! Both are beautiful starts :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh love them both!! Great starts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice patterns. I wanted to stitch that angel too but seeing all the backstitch it entails... Well, I'm glad I can watch her here:) Cinderella looks fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two gorgeous charts. Love them both and you made a great start on them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 2 lovely choices! I love the fabrics as well. Great starts!

    ReplyDelete