Thursday, May 7, 2015

Stitch Maynia - Miss Valentine

Yesterday was a very pink filled day as I started on Miss Valentine by Mirabilia:


I really liked how everything came in the kit, but I didn't like the fabric, so I subbed it out for 28 Jobelan in Amour from Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie for a full pretty in pink effect. Here's where I got to yesterday:

This is my first time working with Crescent Colors since that is the thread that came with the kit, and I really liked it! I think this is also going to be a relatively quick stitch. I have the Easter Fairy in this set in my stash, I'd love to find the others to do but I believe many of them are hard to find. We'll see!

Today is my son's fifth birthday, so we shall see how much stitching I actually do today - probably won't be much until he goes to bed!

Until next time!
~Katy

14 comments:

  1. What a great start and what a lovely fabric:) Pink sure is a happy colour, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start! Happy birthday to your son, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh she has a lovely skirt! Too much pink for me but it almost looks relaxing to stitch.

    Happy birthday to your son, too~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful design, love the pink colors in it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new start Katy. Such pretty fabric.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute design and beaautiful fabric. Have fun stitching it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful start! I love this fabric, and I think she's going to look fabulous on it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pink and more pink! You made a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful start. Happy Birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great design! I love the fabric you're stitching it on. Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I told you before that this WIP reminds me of one of my own WIPs, which I incidentally just blogged about.
    I'll take it as a sign and put in my goals for June to resume working on it! :)
    can't wait to see this one grow, happy xxx!

    ReplyDelete