Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Stitch Maynia - Floss Daily

Day Nineteen saw a fun, simple pattern from Wee Little Stitches called Floss Daily.


I decided I was going to have fun with this pattern. Bright fabrics, raid my stash of hand dyed flosses from Mo's Sale, follow the general color palette but make it my own, and I'm so glad I did! Here is where I got to yesterday:


This was just so much fun to stitch, though honestly I had probably as much fun picking out the colors as I did actually stitching the piece! I am doing this on 28 Jobelan in Harvest Pumpkin from Hand Dyed Fabrics By Stephanie and I'm working on the list of Mo's Sale flosses as I work on the piece. My only requirement with the floss I choose is that I don't want to have used it in another piece. I have such a large stash that really, I should have more than enough to find flosses to use for the first time. The white is the only color I didn't change because all stitchers know, bobbins are white!

I already know how I'm going to finish this - in a bright white frame, no mat, just the pretty orange fabric and it will have a prominent place in my mom cave (or Diva Den as a friend of mine named it - I like that name more!) when it's all said and done. Can't wait!

Until next time!
~Katy

11 comments:

  1. So colorful, and it stitched up so quickly! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this one Katy. You have got so much done already and I love the floss. I don't have any of her floss.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what fun you can have with the colours in this piece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes we really need those simple and easy and pretty patterns that don't require much of us; just having fun with simple stitching:) It will look great, and I love that fabric! Such happy colour:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo I love the name Diva Den. I hate the term mom cave

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like the colors. you have got so much done in one day?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too cute! Love your changes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diva Den! Love it!!!

    Your stitching is wonderful and this piece looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diva Den! Love it!!!

    Your stitching is wonderful and this piece looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete