Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Stitch Maynia - Faces of Joan Elliott

Day Eighteen saw me working on the Faces of Joan Elliott SAL from the Facebook group by the same name. This SAL started last year, I only found out about it through Stitch Maynia after the last block had been released. Luckily, the group is still accepting members, so I signed up! I don't have a full picture to show - because of how it was released, the only pictures of finished products that exist belong to other people and I don't feel comfortable posting those. You'll just have to wait and see what comes of it as I work on it!

I did complete all the frames yesterday (except for one little tiny detail in the upper right corner - noticed that after I took the picture and put things away. Will fix it next time!)


I like having the frames completed in projects like this before I do anything else. I'll start working on filling in the first block next time I work on this piece. I'm stitching this on 28 Jobelan in Aphrodite from Under the Sea Fabrics. It's really a much brighter, almost bubble gum pink in person. I'll try to get a better picture next time!

Until next time!
~Katy

8 comments:

  1. I've seen this one and its gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job and getting all of those frames in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely fabric! Great progress:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I've seen this project. Can't wait to watch it grow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very intriguing! It'll be interesting to watch this one develop :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty fabric - great start on the frames!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm stitching this too, I'm behind on it though so it's not finished. Great choice of fabric!

    ReplyDelete