Thursday, May 21, 2015

Stitch Maynia - Jeweled Apple and Letters From Nora - T

Day Twenty was a two-for-one day! The first piece I worked on was another Mill Hill kit called Jeweled Apple.


This piece will likely end up as the suggested magnet when it's all said and done. I just love the patterns on this, it's so unique! Here is where I got to yesterday:


This is another one of those pieces I think will have more beads than crosses by the end of it! I could have continued, but I was excited about piece number two for yesterday, which was Letters From Nora - T by Nora Corbett.


My daughter's name starts with T and it is my hope when this is done that this can be a piece she keeps for the rest of her life. It's whimsical enough to be good for an almost nine year old to enjoy, but mature enough I think she could keep it with her when she's an adult and out on her own. This is where I got to yesterday:


I'm stitching this on 28 Jobelan in Willow Wisp from Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie using the suggested Classic Colorworks threads. I'm looking forward to when it comes up in the rotation again!

And one last reminder, tomorrow is my 35th birthday (yay!) and the day I will be drawing for the winner of my giveaway (double yay!) so make sure you sign up if you haven't had a chance! You don't want to miss out!

Until next time!
~Katy

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching! That beadwork is intense! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely new starts. Surely your daughter will appreciate such beautiful stitching:) Have a wonderful happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Katy. Nice progress on both starts.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Mill Hill! Great start. I totally agree about the beautiful T being something your daughter could cherish forever. I know I would. Happy Birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great start on the letter it's looking so pretty. Happy early birthday since I probably won't be on tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful new starts. I agree I think the one for your daughter is a classic:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great new starts. Happy birthday to you. Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful design and stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Jewelled Apple! Your stitching for your daughter is lovely and something she will be able to keep.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous projects! I love them both, but that apple is stunning and a bit different!

    ReplyDelete