Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Stitch Maynia - Rainbow Parfait and Robin Hood

I just have to attest to the benefits of stitching therapy. I was not in the best of moods when I woke up yesterday morning. I blame the non stop storming and icky weather we've had in Dallas this spring. I was just grumpy. I didn't want to do anything but stitch, so stitch I did and it helped improve my mood drastically! I worked on two projects, in fact, and this should be my last two project day for Stitch Maynia.

The first project I worked on was Rainbow Parfait by Glendon Place.

I just adore these dessert patterns by Glendon Place and the colors on this one are just gorgeous! Here is where I got to yesterday:


I'm stitching this on 32 Lugana in Mesa from Picture This Plus using the Dinky Dyes silks. I adore the colors on this piece, they're just so bright and cheerful!

The second piece I worked on was more muted, but I still like it! It's Robin Hood by Little House Needleworks:


I didn't spend as much time on this piece as I did the other mainly because I decided to stitch on it at the last minute when I realized I still had too many pieces and not enough days left in the month! But any progress is progress!


I'm stitching this one on 32 Lugana in Sand from Picture This Plus. This didn't take long to stitch at all. It's nice to have pieces like this that are less complex than some of the others. The variety definitely helps keep me from getting overwhelmed!

Until next time!
~Katy

9 comments:

  1. Rainbow Parfait looks like its going to be so much fun to stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great starts Katy. I started Rainbow Parfait this year. I stitched Robin Hood a couple years ago. Thought I would let you know that sheriff is not spelled correctly on the chart. Only 1 'r'.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great! I love the colors used for Rainbow Parfait. :)


    Visiting from the A to Z Road Trip.

    Write with Fey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great patterns for new starts. Stitching does make our day more calm and relaxing:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rainbow Parfait looks so fun! Good start on Robin Hood as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely designs! They're both excellent, in completely different ways :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the dessert series too, this is a lovely one.
    Nice start on Robin Hood too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two great starts. Love the Glendon Place piece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Bah, you are so tempting me with all these lovely projects! Great start to both!

    ReplyDelete