Saturday, May 9, 2015

Stitch Maynia - Quaker Diamonds

Day Eight of Stitch Maynia was dedicated to Quaker Diamonds by Rosewood Manor:


Quaker patterns are usually not my style, but the line by Rosewood Manor is just gorgeous that they are the exception to my non-Quaker rule. This piece had me using Valdani threads for the first time. I love the little balls of thread and not needing to divide the strands, and the colors are beautiful, but other than that, Valdani didn't impress me as much as the other first-time threads I used this week. Not that I dislike them because I don't, but it didn't feel much different to me to use Valdani than, say, DMC.

This is where I got to yesterday before I called it a night:


I'm stitching this on a solo dye 28 Cashel Linen from Silkweavers. It was a relaxing stitch to work on and I'm looking forward to when it comes back up in the rotation!

Today we are having my son's birthday party so we'll see how far I get with stitching today. Oh! I will be posting my giveaway details tomorrow. I didn't forget, I just haven't posted it yet! Come back tomorrow to get all the details!

Until next time!
~Katy

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece, Katy :-) Looks like it'll be relaxing to stitch. Happy birthday to your son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great design. I hope you enjoy the stitching journey on this one. Happy Birthday to your son! He is at a wonderful age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start on the Quaker design.

    Happy birthday to your son - hope you all have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great new start Katy. You made good progress. Happy Birthday to your son.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful chart and start, Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great start! Hope your son had a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful start! I've never used Valdani, so I appreciate the tip! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did model stitching for Rosewood Manor and was lucky enough to meet her. She is a very nice lady. Beautiful start on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's such an adorable pattern. Nice progress!

    ReplyDelete