Saturday, May 30, 2015

Stitch Maynia - Sugar Is Sweet Sampler

We're almost to the end of all of my new starts! I can't believe it! I'm anxious to get back to my normal rotation again but I think I'm going to miss starting something new every day!

Day Twenty Nine didn't see a lot of stitching. I wasn't able to start stitching until late in the evening and I had a headache so I didn't make a ton of progress, but I did get to start on Sugar is Sweet Sampler from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery:


I really like this sampler, I think it's adorable. It is the second of the three alphabet samplers from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery that I have in my stash. I started one earlier this month (Fibery Friends), the third I'm not sure I will do because I'm not necessarily a huge fan of the theme for that one, but we'll see. Here is where I got to yesterday:


Completely different from the model, right? The fabric I'm using is this month's fabric of the month from Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie and it's called Highland Heather. This piece is 28 Jobelan, and when it came in the mail, I knew I had to get something stitched on it right away. And because I was in the mood tonight to do a little searching through my stash, I'm going to convert this piece to be all flosses from Mo's Sale (surprise, surprise), and I picked Gelato for the letters. I haven't picked out any other colors for the rest of the sampler yet. I'm just going to pick them as they come up and see what speaks to me at the time!

I did get some fun stitchy mail yesterday. My next Stitchy Box came!


There will be a second mailing from them for this box because one of the pieces didn't make it in time for the mailout, but here is what came in it so far:


There's an adorable owl shaped hand stitched bamboo thread keep from Red Gate Stitchery, a neat spool of a corded thread, a skein each of DMC 4124 (a pretty variegated orange) and Lunar Eclipse from Classic Colorworks, a stitchable canvas drawstring bag, a fat eighth of another canvas-type material that is opal, but I'm not sure of the count or what specific type of fabric it is, and then a fat eighth of 28 Opal Lugana in Winter Solstice from Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie! I'm really excited about this box. I LOVE the thread keep - I've never used one before, but some of my smaller Mill Hill kits could definitely benefit from me using one, and it'll be fun to stitch it up too! And we all know I love Stephanie's fabrics, and the rest looks likes it will be really interesting to play with and explore! Another hit in my book!

Until next time!
~Katy

5 comments:

  1. Lovely stash:) Your fabric for the sampler looks gorgeous. Frosted pumpkin stitchery designs are so cute. Have fun stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of the fabric that you use Katy is so lovely. Great start and stash.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love watching your new starts. Great new stash :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, pretty stash! Love that box :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your start. Love the changes you have made so far. What fun stash.

    ReplyDelete